Welcome

Please register to have access to more features!

It is highly recommended that you have Javascript enabled; many features will not work unless you do. The recommended browsers are Firefox and Chrome; the board is also NOT mobile-friendly.

Please invite your friends!

If you were referred by someone (ex. me, Jessica) please put their username in the referral box on the registration page. Ask them if you don't know their username.

If you are visiting for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY, this is the test account information:

Username:
Test
Password: test123

Select a forum to post in:

To edit posts

Old announcements

Moderator: Jessica

To edit posts

Post Number: #1  Postby Jessica » January 29th, 2011, 5:05 pm

at the moment posting buttons such as edit does not work. so in order for you to edit your post, follow these directions

In the address bar, you'll see for each topic

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133

each topic has a unique number after f= and t=. f indicates forum and t stands for topic.

Click on the post title (usually has a "Re:" before the topic title) if it's not the first post. if it is, click on the Topic title - has no Re:

Nothing will happen except in your address bar, it'll change to

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133#p199 (this is an example)

the numbers after p represents the post

replace viewtopic.php? with posting.php?mode=edit&. Remove the t and the numbers after it AND the '#'. then add after the p a '='

so in the end, it should look something like this

Code: Select all
posting.php?mode=edit&f=2&p=199

so actually, you can just copy above and replace the 2 and 199 with the correct forum number and post number.

I know this seems complicated but it's not difficult once you get what to do. HOPEFULLY I will be able to fix the posting buttons problem.

If you are wondering about the delete and report button, they may not appear but if you hover your over where they normally would be you would see your mouse change to a hand. I have just discovered this and as far as I know, there are only three - Delete, Report this Post, and Information.

If you want to QUOTE a post, that's easy to do without a button.

[quote="username"]Post that you want to quote[/quote]

A more complicated method:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=199

Notice it's just like the code for editing but in place of 'edit' is 'quote'

Jessica
Board Owner
Topic Author

Founder
Sapphire
Sapphire

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 1,244
Articles: 30
Local time: January 28th, 2020, 5:00 am
Cash on hand: 4,799.25
Bank: 152,858.08
Medals: 21
#1: July 2012 1st Place (1) R-Contest #1 First Place (1) Best staff member 2013 (1) Easter Egg Hunt 2013 (1) Graphic Drawing Participant (1) 1 Year (1) 2 Years (1) 3 Years (1) 4 Years (1) 5 Years (1)
6 Years (1) 7 Years (1) 8 Years (1) 9 Years (1) Founder (1) Highest Rep (1) Referrer (1) Top poster (1) Facebook group (1) Pin-Board (1)
Article Author (1)
Referrals: 27
Blog: View Blog (482)
Subject(s): Chinese, Math
Global Moderator
Admin

Return to Announcements Archive

Login  •  Register
Reputation System ©'